Commercial Assistant Property Manager
Chicago, IL 60603
Direct Hire; $65K-$75K
- Work closely with the property manager to maintain, enhance, and create value for asset during the investment cycle
- Actively manage the relationships with vendor community and tenants, and management as necessary to ensure the assets achieve maximum value
- Work closely with third-party service providers to ensure that assets are managed to yield optimal returns
- Be familiar with and assist the property manager with reporting on performance, budget variances, tenant arrears, tenant retention efforts, significant changes in the market and property conditions in general
- Assist with the process of preparing property business plans, operating and capital budgets and updating or re-forecasting same as necessary
- Assist with analysis and monitoring of capital improvement and renovation programs, as required, for property maintenance, competitive positioning, or market repositioning.
- Follow contractual guidelines for managing the asset as prescribed in the management and leasing agreements
- Assist with building operations and manage staff
- Determine specific service contract requirements, develop scope of work, solicit bids, evaluate proposals and monitor contract performance for all service vendors
- Periodically review performance specifications and pricing for all existing building contracts
- Oversee nightly and weekend access memo reports to control all work in building
- Assist with coordination of capital and building projects with appropriate staff and vendors
- Manage day to day problem-solving and deal with building issues as they arise
- Evaluate current operations and implement necessary changes
- Work with leasing on any necessary items
- Work with building staff on updating and streamlining policies and procedures
- Responsible for maintaining tenant relations and ensuring tenant satisfaction
- Day to day contact, issue resolution, and general dealing with tenant representatives
- Oversee and plan tenant relations program, including individual and building-wide events
- Work to create and regularly update tenant handbook, design criteria and emergency procedures
- Work to create necessary forms and systems for additional tenant services and work order billing
- Coordinate all tenant move-ins and move-outs with building staff, tenants and vendors
- Assist with review of plans and coordinate tenant improvement projects according to SOPs and building standards
- Draft correspondence to tenants regarding building issues and events
- Assist with financial management for property
- Budget research and preparation in coordination with building staff and accounting
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable for the property, focusing on purchasing controls, contracts, approving bills, reviewing tenant miscellaneous charges and monthly accruals
- Oversee tenant collection efforts, update reports in MRI
- Research significant monthly variances, and prepare necessary reports
- Assist in the quarterly reforecast and detailed variance reporting
- Assist PM in monthly reporting, as necessary
- Bachelor s degree required.
- 2 - 4 years of relevant work experience
- Base building and tenant construction experience preferred.
- Financial reporting experience as it relates to the property including budgets, service contracts, arrears, reconciliations, etc.
- Experience in creating and managing operating and capital expenditure budgets.