Lead Building Engineer
Atlanta, GA 30326
- Maintain relationship with the property management staff to update work orders (tenant and preventive maintenance) in Aware.
- Administer inventory control programs and systems to assure the availability of parts and supplies.
- Assist Property and Engineering Management in the day-to-day financial transactions, selection, administration, and evaluation of suppliers and contractors including but not limited to: recommendation of vendors/contractors, issue purchase orders based on management policies, procedures, and the terms of contract, confirmation of receipt of goods or services, evaluation of performance, evaluation of costs, administration/maintenance of quality and cost controls, maintain accurate, timely expense records and files.
- Administer capital and operating budgets with Chief Engineer and Property Management.
- Manage the property within parameters of the budget and any property management business plans.
- Maintain compliance with all personnel policies and procedures.
- Administer all necessary services to maintain and enhance the value, operating efficiency, and the physical appearance of the property, including but not limited to: contract services, including water treatment, HVAC, utilities, security, parking, metal refinishing, etc, quality and performance standards for engineering and contractors ensuring compliance with agreements, contracting and monitoring qualified contractors and trades people needed for project or tenant construction and remodeling.
- Monitor and oversee plant operation, note standard and non-standard conditions and know when to seek assistance from outside vendors.
- Assure all equipment is operated and maintained within the manufacturer s specifications and the operating guidelines of the property.
- Understand preventive maintenance and overhaul schedules for all equipment and mechanical systems within the project.
- Monitor and control the effectiveness and efficiency of energy usage without compromising tenant comfort.
- Understand OSHA guidelines and how to ensure that all equipment is maintained to guidelines/standards.
- Execute performance testing on equipment using the appropriate tools/equipment (refrigerant gauges, thermometers, volt-ohm and amp meters, etc.).
- Assure daily logs of all activities occurring during shift are completed including operational changes and any equipment repairs or alterations.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- EPA Universal refrigerant certification required.
- Minimum 4 years building maintenance experience.
- Associates degree in HVAC design or technical school training may be substituted for experience.
- Must have a thorough understanding of HVAC, electrical and building automation systems.
- Require working knowledge of systems from 12 volts to 480 volts and battery-supplied power.
- Must possess basic computer skills; ability to operate Windows based software.
- Read and comprehend blueprints and schematic diagrams of wiring, HVAC, plumbing, pneumatics, and building construction.
- Operate and use necessary manual and power-driven tools.
- Manage own time on a daily basis with little supervision.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and continually heavy workloads.
- Lift and carry objects of up to 50 pounds for distances of up to 30 feet.
- Climb ladders and stairs.