Dallas, TX 75254
In a supervised and professional manner the Maintenance Technician will deliver preventative, corrective, and general maintenance for the Client. Other duties include, but not limited to, daily assessments of building infrastructure, maintain a clean working environment, and other various duties, while adhering to all safety and health standards. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing minor electrical, plumbing, mechanical installations, repair, and maintenance throughout buildings. Performs visual rounds and analysis of building envelope and building interior to locate and report any obvious deficiencies. The Maintenance Technician monitors and performs assigned tasks through an internal work-order system and manages timesheets in accordance with the assignments. Communicates with company dispatcher, supervisor and or manager for changes in work assignments and work schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with client and client tenants.
- Performs minor maintenance on interior and exterior light fixtures; performs monthly operation tests for GFCI protected power outlets; maintains and performs regular testing of emergency exit signs and egress lighting.
- Replaces HVAC filters, cleans condenser and evaporator coils, lubricates bearings, sheaves, etc., replaces drive belts, and makes minor repairs or adjustments to the system.
- Addresses minor plumbing repairs. Corrects leaks, stoppages and overflows on all plumbing fixtures at the client s site.
- Assists other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment.
- Supports occupant satisfaction processes by ensuring clients are informed about the status of their request in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assembles chairs, desks, and tables. Also sets up meeting rooms; makes small office furniture moves; hangs and mounts wall pictures and artwork.
- Monitors inventory levels of supplies, and re-ordering of supplies.
- Safely uses hand tools, power tools and personal protective equipment (PPE) while working on the job.
- Completes necessary paper-work to comply with daily routine, time keeping, and safety training.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, follows company processes and procedures, uses company issues equipment per policy, and conducts work in a professional manner.
- Complies with departmental policy for safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Follows safety practices, and utilize protective clothing and equipment as required by OSHA. Know the whereabouts of all emergency equipment (i.E. Fire extinguishers, eyewash and shower stations, first aid supplies, breathing apparatus, etc.)
- Perform other various duties as assigned by supervisors.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good driving record
- Must pass background and drug screening process
- Must be 18 years of age
- Knowledge of computer systems and use of Microsoft Office products
- 2-5 years previous experience with facility maintenance