Miami, FL 33126
Established and growing company is seeking an energetic and experienced Commercial Property Manager to manage its portfolio of free-standing and multi-tenant commercial retail centers. This individual must be a team player with a positive attitude and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands. Travel is required.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Perform, provide and foster positive working relationships with tenants maintaining open communication.
- Assist in all aspects of the administrative, financial, and operations of the portfolio.
- Review and abstract leases to determine tenant and landlord responsibilities for new and existing tenants.
- Assist with lease renewals, extensions and expansions, and resolve issues with existing tenants.
- Ensure Tenants are abiding by lease covenants; ensure landlord meets all responsibilities outlined in the lease; respond to landlord and tenant concerns and provide problem resolution.
- Ensuring compliance with property management policies and procedures, codes, regulations, and governmental agency directive. Assure the safety and security of tenants, vendors, and the general public accessing the managed properties.
- Proactive approach to minimizing operating expenses, especially costs ensuring fiscal responsibility by establishing and meeting budget
- Prepare and review annual property budgets with emphasis on cost containment, monitor actuals vs budget throughout the year and review year end property performance recaps.
- Prepare /Review CAM reconciliations.
- Review and Approve A/P and misc tenant billings, oversee receivables, monitor aging report, and ensure timely receipt of tenants obligations incl. Rent, security deposits, insurance certs, etc.
- Monthly review of operating statements, variance reporting, quarterly reporting of the portfolio.
- Communicate with facilities managers regarding accuracy of invoices received, approvals for Capex items and invoices are coded correctly, according to company procedures. Ensure that all invoices received are approved, entered and paid within a timely manner.
- Track preventive maintenance across all buildings to ensure facilities manager has a proactive approach of protecting and maintaining the company s assets.
- Perform property inspections as needed
As the Property Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with, and learn from, the organization s owners
- Contribute to the professional development of those around you including training and developing staff, providing coaching/counseling, collaboratively conduct appraisals with ownership in hiring decisions
- Suggest and establish new processes and practices that will help bring additional efficiencies to the organization and maximize profitability of each center.
We are seeking an individual whose background includes:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in commercial property management with an emphasis on free standing and multi-tenant strip centers.
- RPA or CPM designations a plus.
- Working knowledge of lease administration with the ability to accurately interpret terms and conditions of leases.
- In-depth knowledge of financial planning, budgeting and operational performance.
- Strong proficiency with Property Management/Accounting Software, Excel and other Windows applications.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential.
- Exceptional organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; manage multiple projects simultaneously; multi-task effectively and efficiently with an attention to detail
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy with a high standard of excellence.
- Ability to travel
- commercial, free-standing, multi-tenant: 5 years (Preferred)
- commercial retail shopping center: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor' s (Preferred)